Friday, June 20, 2008

From Trash to Twinkle

I found these great ideas for recycling used object and turning them into wonderful home decor elements.

(1) Mason jar lights from Design*Sponge

What a creative use of old glass jars! The simplicity of this light reminds me of the Milk Bottle Chandelier by Amsterdam-based company Droog. But this mason jar light costs close to nothing compared to the designer chandelier which costs a whooping $1,600!

This amazing light fixture is perfect for the sun room or any semi-outdoor area. You can find a detailed tutorial here. Now I know what to say when my husband G. asks me why I keep collecting those pasta sauce jars...

(2) Chandelier made from used kitchen objects

UK-based artist Madeleine Boulesteix turns teacups and other kitchen objects into fabulous chandeliers like this one shown above. You can find more pictures of her wonderful work on her website. I just adore the elegance she brings about to these otherwise ordinary objects.

(3) Tea cup pendant light on Etsy

domesticconstruction sells their handmade teacup lamp on Etsy. Perfect for a girl's bedroom.

No comments: